Recent Posts Subscriptions
- Wedding Cocktail Hour
- How to Care for Your Nonstick Bakeware
- Goat Cheese Ravioli
- Caring for Your Coffeemaker
September 9, 2013 • Posted by Brea Buffaloe
Some of us could never imagine that another dessert can be more important than our wedding cake! That’s because many of us don’t know about the cookie table tradition. The wedding cookie table is a staple at Pittsburgh weddings and no reception is complete without it. However, you don’t need to be from Pittsburgh to have one! This is a fun and tasty wedding addition that is sure to excite your guests.
Cookie tables are normally buffet style tables with the cookies placed on trays but feel free to get creative and decorate your table with fun containers like vases, bowls and more!
Here are 4 tips on preparing your cookie table:
1. Make sure to calculate how many cookies you want per guest and make extra!
2. It’s better to make a ton of cookies from a few recipes than having too many recipes to handle.
3. This is a perfect way to accentuate your wedding colors with frostings and bags.
4. This is a lot of work so it’s best to have friends and family help you. It takes the stress off and makes the process lots of fun!
Need some cookie ideas? Here are a 5 Cuisinart Original Recipes to try: