Makes about 4 cups (eight 1/2-cup servings)
1 cup heavy cream
2 cups whole milk, divided
1 cup brewed espresso
1 cup granulated sugar
2 tablespoons cornstarch pinch sea or kosher salt
1 tablespoon liquid pectin
1. In a medium saucepan, combine cream and 1 1/2 cups of the milk. Set over medium/medium-low heat and bring to a simmer.
2. While cream/milk mixture is heating, put the remaining milk, espresso, sugar, cornstarch and salt into a small/medium mixing bowl. Whisk to combine.
3. Once milk/cream mixture comes to a simmer, add the milk/sugar mixture and stir until fully combined. While still set over medium/medium-low heat, stir continuously until mixture boils and thickens so that it can coat the back of a spoon (this will take about 15 minutes, depending on the stove being used).
4. Remove pan from heat, stir in pectin, strain and cool to room temperature. Cover and refrigerate overnight.
5. Whisk mixture together again before pouring into the ice cream maker. Pour the mixture into the mixing bowl of the Cuisinart® Ice Cream Maker. Mix until thickened, about 30 minutes. The gelato will have a soft, creamy texture. If a firmer consistency is desired, transfer to an airtight container and place in freezer for about 2 hours. Remove from freezer about 15 minutes before serving.