Chicken and Wild Rice SoupUser Submitted Recipe
6 cups roast chicken stock
2 chicken breast halves (cooked, boneless and cubed)
⅓ cup wild rice
⅔ cup brown rice
1 tablespoon of chicken stock paste
½ teaspoon ground black pepper
½ cup all-purpose flour
¾ cup butter (12 tbsp. or a stick and a half)
1 cup carrot, diced
1 cup celery, diced
1 cup onion, diced
3 cups fat-free half-and-half
• In a small bowl, combine pepper and flour. Set aside.
• Boil wild rice and brown rice in 3 cups of water for 20 minutes.
• In a large pot over medium heat, combine chicken stock and chicken. Bring to a boil, then stir in rice. Cover and remove from heat.
• In a medium saucepan over medium heat, melt butter. Add carrots, celery and onion and sauté for 5 minutes. Stir in chicken stock paste and continue cooking vegetables until softened, about 5 minutes more. Add seasoned flour gradually while constantly stirring, to form a roux. Sauté roux for 3-4 minutes to cook out raw flour taste.
• Whisk in cream, a little at a time, until fully incorporated and smooth. Cook until thickened, 5 minutes.
• Stir cream mixture into broth and rice. Cook over medium heat until heated through and rice is done, 15-20 minutes.
Nutritional Information Per Serving
no nutrition information available