Tomorrow’s the big day and you’ve probably spent the past week if not the past several weeks planning for and salivating over Thanksgiving dinner. By now you should’ve done most if not all your shopping and taken care of major preparations, the biggest one being purchasing and defrosting your turkey! But there’s also a bunch of other tasks you should do today to make life a little easier for everyone in the kitchen.
The Day-Before-Thanksgiving Checklist:
- Prepare and bake all your pies (Fresh fruit pies can be stored at room temperature while custard-based pies should be stored in the refrigerator).
- If making rolls or biscuits, prepare the dough for tomorrow.
- Brine your turkey overnight (Some prefer starting this process even earlier).
- Prepare bread, vegetables and herbs for stuffing.
- Prepare make-ahead side dishes that can be re-heated in the microwave.
- Wash and dry salad greens and refrigerate them in airtight containers or re-sealable bags.
Once you’ve gone down the checklist, tomorrow should be (fairly) smooth sailing. Enjoy all your hard work tomorrow, and Happy Thanksgiving!