Are you one of those people who just can’t resist ice cream? Are you sick of feeling guilty for finishing that pint all by yourself? Not to worry, there is a solution, and it lets you eat as much ice cream as you want without thinking twice!
Ice cream is somewhat of a guilty pleasure, as we know it’s probably not something we should be eating too much of. In just one measly scoop of Baskin Robbins Vanilla Ice Cream, there are 260 calories, 26 grams of sugar, and 16 grams of fat. And this is true of only the most basic flavors—I won’t even get in to Ben and Jerry’s Phish Food.
But what if you could take pleasure in eating ice cream, completely guilt free? Well- good news, you can. This recipe for Almond-Banana Soft Serve is so shocking; both simple and healthy it’s the perfect dessert for ice cream and fruit fanatics alike. All you have to do is keep a stock of peeled bananas in your freezer, and you will be ready for any spur of the moment, creamy cravings. Try it with this natural chocolate sauce, if you feel like going all out for a banana split. And don’t forget an organic cherry to go on top!
Banana Soft Serve:
4 peeled, frozen bananas
3 tablespoons of almond butter *See my recipe for homemade almond butter!*
- Peel bananas, and then place them in freezer.
- Once frozen, add bananas and almond butter into your Cuisinart Elite Collection™ Food Processor and churn until smooth and creamy! (Add splashes of skim milk if moisture needed for easier blending).
Mock-Choc Fudge Sauce:
1 cup agave nectar
1 cup cacao
½ cup organic raisins
1 tsp vanilla extract
1 cherry for garnish
- Blend ingredients in Cuisinart Elite Collection™ Food Processor.
- Drizzle on top of banana ice cream!
- Place cherry on top to complete your banana split.