The Cuisinart Story
Turning The Art Of Great Cooking Into An American Lifestyle
Stamford, CT - May 2010
Innovative Culinary Tools are Our Signature
Julia Child let people in on the Cuisinart secret and so did James Beard. They were among the first culinary experts to hail the food processor as a revolutionary kitchen appliance when it was introduced to America in 1973 by the late Cuisinart founder, Carl Sontheimer. They saw the food processor as a quick and easy way to make fine food and healthy dishes.
Under management from Conair Corporation since 1989, the legacy is alive and well. Today, Cuisinart is a universally recognized name, endorsed by culinary connoisseurs such as Jacques Pépin and Hubert Keller.
Our Mission is to Help You "Savor the Good Life®"
The prestigious Cuisinart® brand is not limited to food processors. Plugged or unplugged, nobody covers the kitchen like Cuisinart. The company is a full-service culinary resource with a wide array of products, preferred by chefs and favored by consumers. These product categories include:
- Brick ovens
- Coffeemakers (including espresso makers) and teakettles
- Cookware(including the industry's first eco-friendly GreenGourmet® hard anodized nonstick and stainless nonstick products)
- Countertop cooking appliances (including the Griddler® line, the Rice Plus® Multi-Cooker and the Vertical Rotisserie)
- Food processors
- Frozen yogurt-ice cream & sorbet makers
- Hand mixers
- Kitchen tools & gadgets
- Microwave ovens
- Pizza ovens
- Stand mixers
- Toaster oven broilers and toasters
- Waffle makers
- Water Filtration
- A host of specialty products, including wine cellars, a popcorn maker, bread maker, pressure cooker and deep fryer
Culinary Education is at the Heart of Our Business
Home cooks are looking for more than just a product purchase. They want cooking tips and techniques that turn products into culinary tools. Cuisinart is keeping its tradition of culinary education alive by:
- Sponsoring Four-Star Chef Eric Ripert's American Public Television series, Avec Eric, that will air in September 2009. Ripert is best known for his acclaimed restaurants, Le Bernardin in New York City and 10 Arts in Philadelphia.
- Partnering with Chef Hubert Keller of San Francisco's renowned Fleur de Lys restaurant to sponsor his second season of the PBS Series, "Hubert Keller: Secrets of a Chef." Keller's culinary accolades include the James Beard Foundation Award for the American Express "Best Chef-California" and his selection as one of the "10 Best Chefs in America" by Food & Wine magazine.
- Sponsoring Jacques Pépin's public television series, Jacques Pépin: Fast Food My Way. Jacques Pépin has received the highest award given by the French government, L'Ordre National de la Legion d'Honneur (The French Legion of Honor).
- Launching the "My Pantry" application on its website, which allows home cooks to enter ingredients they have in their kitchen to learn what recipes they can then make; and an online widget that consumers can download directly onto any Mac or Windows-based computer desktop for easy and ready access to Cuisinart's recipe database and video recipes. This widget and the various applications it accesses can then be emailed to friends and shared.
- Launching three award-winning websites: www.cuisinartstandmixer.com, www.cuisinart.com/baby, that provides baby food recipes prepared using the Cuisinart food processor and www.cuisinartcleanwater.com for the new CleanWater® Countertop Filtration System.
- Providing consumers with informative materials packed with recipes and tips from Cuisinart's test kitchen and cookbook, Simple & Enticing Recipes.
Design Innovation Drives Our Success
Cuisinart has a long-standing history of receiving prestigious design awards for a wide range of items. These include the 2009 Chicago Athenaeum Green Good Design Award for its GreenGourmet™ Cookware line; the 2009 Shape You Top Gear of the Year Award for the Vertical Rotisserie (sponsored by shapeyou.com); and the 2009 Shape You Great Gear of the Year Award for the Rice-Plus™ Multi-Cooker.
In addition, Cuisinart has garnered a wide range of awards for its marketing campaigns and websites. In 2010 the company received a Gold Summit International Award for an Eco-Friendly Press Kit, as well as a Bronze Telly Award for the CleanWater® Countertop Filtration Online Video Series. In 2009, Cuisinart received several honors for its recipe widget, including a Platinum Hermes Award from the League of American Communications Professionals (LACP); a Gold MarCom Award from the Association of Marketing and Communication Professionals (AMCP); and a Gold LACP Spotlight Award. The company also won a Bronze LACP Magellan Award for a social media press kit targeted specifically to bloggers; two Platinum Ava Awards from AMCP, one for its CleanWater® Countertop Filtration’s dedicated website and another for its online CleanWater® Kids Video; a Platinum LACP Spotlight Award for the company’s Bridal print advertisement; and a Silver LACP Spotlight Award for its Elite Collection™ 14-Cup Die Cast Metal Food Processor print advertisement.
Our Culinary Tools are Available in Fine Stores Nationwide
Cuisinart® products are where people would expect to find them: in upscale department and specialty stores throughout North America
At Cuisinart, helping consumers "Savor the Good Life®" is our goal.